How To Volunteer at Community Care Hospice
We are excited that you have decided to volunteer and serve our patients and families. The Volunteer Services Department is available to assist you in the five-step process.
Ohio’s Hospice requires that all volunteers providing direct patient care be at least 18 years of age. There are no age restrictions for community service, administrative support and non-direct patient volunteers.
- Visit the Volunteer Application page to fill out the application and download the Volunteer Reference form.
- After submitting a volunteer application and three references, volunteers need to register for an Orientation.
- A Criminal Background Check for anyone 18 years of age and older.
- Performed at Community Care Hospice, free of charge.
- Must receive results stating “no criminal history” prior to attending training.
- When a volunteer who is a minor turns 18 he/she becomes eligible to perform direct patient care volunteer duties and at that time a criminal background check would be required.
- 2-Step TB Test
- ALL new volunteers must complete a TB test, regardless of whether or not you have had previous testing.
- TB tests will be administered at Volunteer Orientation, free of charge.
- If you have had a TB test done in the past 12 months and can provide proof of TB screening or PPD, it will not be necessary for you to have a second TB.
- If you cannot take the Mantoux skin test, you will need to provide a copy of your x-ray results.
- Volunteer Training (some positions may not require training)
- Volunteer Orientation
- Caring Angels (direct patient care/contact class)
- Additional training/shadowing as needed for specific volunteer positions
The Volunteer Services Department should be able to complete the volunteer application process within 10 days, provided that it has all of the materials.
Learn about all the volunteer opportunities available on our here.
There shall be no discrimination against an otherwise qualified volunteers by reason of disability, age, race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national origin, citizenship, or socioeconomic status.